Why do I want to be a Chamber Member?
Why Should You Be A Chamber Member?
Active membership in the Spearman Chamber of Commerce carries with it a sense of accomplishment and pride of satisfaction from the knowledge that you are doing your share of an important job for the community. Although everyone in the community benefits from the work of the Chamber, you can accept these benefits with pride ONLY if you have had a part in bringing them about. A great way to build your business is by helping to build your community. Your personal sacrifice ensures your personal rewards in the community.
How Membership Works for you?
Advertising & Promotion
• Web Listing – Each chamber member will be listed in the Online Membership Directory. The listing will include link to your business website, contact information and other online links to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and others. Member will also have the opportunity for place ads on various pages of the chamber website and upgrade to enhanced member listings to included business description, logo or ad, company representative listing with contact information, additional category listings and more.
• Monthly Newsletter – All members and business representatives will receive the monthly newsletter featuring chamber news, member news, community news and more. Members have the opportunity to send announcements to be included in the weekly newsletter. Members can sponsor a dedicated e-mail blast to our e-mail list about their business.
• Marketing – Only chamber members can display their business cards, brochures and other promotional materials at the chamber office. These materials can also be included in the New Neighbors Packets that are distributed to walk-in’s and are notified by mail welcoming them to stop by the office and kick up their welcome packet. Members must supply the chamber with these materials.
• Facebook – Logon and Like the Spearman Area Chamber of Commerce, keep up with activities and events happening in the community and follow what’s happening with other businesses in the community. The chamber can also share information about your business on our page as well to help generate more likes to your page and interest in your business.
• Ribbon Cuttings & Ground Breakings – Chamber Members can invite the chamber to come host a ribbon cutting or ground breaking for their business. Ribbon Cuttings are not limited to new openings. Anniversaries, expansions, relocations and new construction are all great occasions to hold a ribbon cutting or ground breaking. The chamber will promote your event and invite the media to photograph your event for publication.
• Business Works – As a chamber member you are invited to our complimentary Business Works monthly luncheon opportunity with a mission to connect Spearman businesses and individuals with resources for new business start-ups and current business expansion.
• Educational Programs – At various times during the year the chamber will host educational programs inviting a guest speaker on topics related to business needs. There will be a minimal cost if any to attend these programs.
• Committees – An invitation is extended to any chamber member wishing to be part of any of our committees. This gives member the opportunity to develop leadership skills, network and learn more about many functions of the chamber and community.
• Member Promotion/Coupon Program – Chamber members will be able to participate in local promotion programs offered through the chamber. Programs included: Spearman Bucks promotion, member to member discount program, online coupons and more.
• Business Referral – By being a chamber member your business will be front and center on all inquiries that relate to your business. The chamber receives thousands of inquiries about various products and services provided in the community. We give chamber members preference on these inquires. In addition you will be notified by e-mail of any online inquiries to your business are generated through the website.
• Membership Mailing Labels – As member you are entitled to one free printed list each year of all chamber members. This list will be printed on mailing labels for you to use to mail information to members about your business, generate contacts or for special events or promotions related to your business.
• Business Assistance – Through our partnership with the West Texas Small Business Development Center business consulting services, assistance, training programs and more are offered to new and existing businesses. WTBDC can assist with business plans, managing your finances, growing your businesses and more. Information is available by contacting the Chamber office.
• Use of Chamber Logo/Member Level Logo – Each chamber members will be able to use the chamber logo. The logo can be used to show you support the community by being a chamber member on your website, printed on marketing materials or other places to show you support the chamber. Each member will receive a window decal displaying your support for Dalhart and your membership.
• Tax Deductible – Remember that your chamber membership investment is deductible as business expense.
• Administrative Support – The chamber has a state of the art copy machine and scanner and can assist you with your scanning, copying and faxing needs during regular business hours. For large jobs (over 100 pages) we charge chamber members a nominal fee.
• Business Advocacy – The chamber is a voice and advocate for business in the community, across the region, in the State and in Washington on issues related to businesses in our community. The chamber is involved with local, state and national officials to stay informed. A group from the chamber travels to Austin, TX for Panhandle Days to help lobby on behalf of issues related to the Panhandle area, our community and businesses.